Monday, October 5, 2009

Illness attacks!

I got sick! I never get sick, I know people say that, but it is honestly the case with me. I can't remember the last time I had a flu and this time it lasted only 24 hours and I'm assuming wasn't the H1N1 because that probably would have been worse. Funny thing though, even though I spent about 2 hours throwing up within hearing distance of my spouse, he still wondered if I'd be picking up my daughter from a field trip! I do not understand men and I never will. NO I said, I think perhaps he should pick her up as me showing up with my barf bucket would be less than a welcome site! Plus driving would be rather challenging.

Then, he came down with it last night and it manifested itself with a temperature of 101.5, high I think. Instead of relaxing, his idea was to build a fire in his outdoor fire pit and grill up some ribs! Makes sense...NOT! So, about 15 minutes after sitting out by his fire, he comes in wondering why he's so cold! Okay. He curls up on the couch and I mention casually that the ribs are still on the grill. He knows he says, and mumbles something about checking them. I look outside and see quite a lot of smoke coming from the grill indicating perhaps something might be burning. I let it go, how bad can it be?

About 15 minutes later he pulls the ribs off, although, its hard to tell if they are ribs or the charred remains of an ancient civilization! He announces they are done and heads back to the couch.

Thinking now he may actually head upstairs to bed, I run downstairs to grab the sheets I had washed after my illness episode and take them out of the dryer and make up the bed for him. But, NO, he does not go to bed he curls back up on the couch, fully dressed. He did take off his shoes at least. Well, I got the kids to bed and then I went to bed and still he remained on the couch. I fell asleep and woke up this AM to discover he spent the night on the couch. I went downstairs to check his temp and he still registered over 101. But, he woke up, got ready for work and had some coffee. i told him to watch what he ate, perhaps some dry toast or something. He said he'd have cold pizza. Sure makes sense. Then for good measure he shoveled in some chili cheese Fritos. Yeah, I want to see that come back up later!

He did let me drive him down the block to where he parks his work truck, but wanted me to park about a block away. I told him No, I'd drop him closer. Less chance of him colapsing beside the road, I thought and then he'd be out of traffic.

When I called to check on him he said he is remarkably better and all is good. I'm guessing that translates to the fact that his temp is down to 101 and he hasn't barfed yet! MEN!

Thought you'd want to know, but maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment