Thursday, October 22, 2009

League of Women Voters Event tonight

Tonight is the League of Women Voter's Candidate Forum where all the candidates are available to answer questions of the public. I am looking forward to it, I think it will give us all a good sampling of how the voters really feel. I hope a lot of people attend but I am not sure that will be the case. I wonder if they held these events in an "easier" spot more folks would come? Meaning like a community center or library or something. The district offices are not that easy to get into and then that conference room is stuck in the corner of the building up an elevator...

Anyway, I'm preparing what I will say and last night my daughter and I went to the store and she helped me pick up something to wear. I actually picked it out and she told me why she wouldn't have picked it. Actually while I'm on the subject, what is up with the plaid? It is EVERYWHERE!! It is like Paul Bunyon exploded or something! I guess I like plaid, but I've never worn much of it and have never really wanted to wear it having not grown up in a logging camp. My daughter, however, is all over it. Before school even started she had to have a flannel shirt and then last night a pair of plaid leggings and yet another plaid shirt. I'm looking at it as the Fucia and Teal of my day (yes, the 80's!!...like totally!!).

Okay, back to the election. My biggest concern for the district going forward is unification meaning getting everyone back to being together in a community again. There are so many hurt feelings out there and it turns up everywhere at every meeting I've attended recently from Communication Advisory to PTO someone brings it up. It needs to be addressed and in a kind, understanding fashion so folks can know that the district hears them and cares about their concerns. That means good communication about any future changes and also expedited work on any issues that are out there now.

I also have real concern about the serious lack of funds from the State. It doesn't sound like much of anything will be forthcoming and what will that mean for the class sizes that were reduced from the referendum and all the other great things we've been able to implement? I would like to see us keep the good stuff and figure a way to cut other things too make up the difference in funds if we can possibly do that.

Anyway, come to the forum if you can at all make it.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment