Friday, October 23, 2009

Forum is over and here is my response!

What is your name and you are running, why??
It is an ever and often repeated refrain
Because I care so I decided to try
To make a difference on a higher plain.

I’ve volunteered in all types of venues
Meeting many different people with different views
I’ve been on committees, referendums and PTO
All of these things have helped me to grow.

I have less experience than the rest of the field
The recent Forum showed that to the nth degree
But my passion and intensity will produce a big yield.
As will my never-ending creativity!

Proverbs 16:18 I think, says it all:
“Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”
If you vote for me on the 3rd of November
I promise this is something I’ll always remember!!

Beth Sharpe
Candidate For School Board, District 281

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I thought you did a great job at the Forum last night. I'm involved with a local group called Community Solutions. After last night's event I had a number of people mention their frustrations at being unable to get more detailed answers to their concerns so our group has decided to host an informal gathering on Wednesday October 28 at the Fieldhouse Restaurant at 5636 W. Broadway in Crystal. We are inviting all the school Board candidates and encouraging all interested citizens to attend. I can be reached at candace@care-usa.org to answer any questions or to RSVP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    In case you're not aware, Candace is also the spouse of candidate Jim Oathout and the chair of Senate District 45 Republicans, two facts she may have wanted to disclose to all of the invitees to her informal gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What diffrence does it make who she is married to, or what her roll is. The event was great and it helped us get a better feeling of who was running

    ReplyDelete