Thursday, October 29, 2009

I have a vote...at least one!

Someone called me up and told me they are going to vote for me! So I have at least 3 including my own and my husband's! Yes, I know that isn't many but it is one more than I had yesterday. Truthfully, the fact that someone took the time to call me to tell me they are voting for me really made my day.

I have not campaigned virtually at all and I didn't make the speed campaigning last night because in between picking up a child and dropping off a child, I decided to make dinner and then after picking up a child I had to go to Menards to get a refrigerator lightbulb because I am tired of groping around in the dark looking for my yogurt! I know what you are thinking, what is more important, light in the refrigerator or winning the election? Quite frankly, I would have been so late by then, light won out.

I have put my summaries in all of the free publications, the District's, the Sun Post and Channel 12 and I also plan to be interviewed on Election Night although it will be after the polls closed. My pseudo campaign manager, daughter will enjoy the experience, which is why I decided to do it.

Also, the fact that I have not campaigned, does not mean I do not care or that I don't intend to give it my absolute best if I am elected, it is just that time and money are short right now. I DO expect to have time after the first of the year, money is another thing entirely, but really, there are a lot of things that are more important.

Just in case you don't know this already, my two key reasons for running are that I REALLY think that the Eastern cities like Brooklyn Center and Crystal need a voice on the board. I actually had a guy say to me during the referendum campaign (he was from one of the Western Cities) when I told him I was from Brooklyn Center "Are you even in the district?" YES I said, I am and I'm proud to be in the district!! I think Brooklyn Center in particular is under represented and it needs some voice. Secondly, I think the district needs to be re-united after the school closings and I want to help with that.

So, in summary, if you are going to vote for me, would you tell a friend? Also, if you wanted to make a sign, I wouldn't object. I have no money for signs but I always think homemade is best anyway. The things my kids have made for me are much more treasured than the store bought items.

Thanks!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment