Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow and working out

Why is it snowing? Can someone answer that for me please? I just need a simple explanation, nothing to do with jet streams or global warming or lack thereof. Just plain why will do. It is currently October 12 by my calendar and completely unacceptable that there is precipitation other than rain falling from the sky, yet as I look out the window there is white stuff all over my car and it isn't cotton. But it will be 60 degrees this weekend and you'll forget all about this, people are telling me. But, what if it comes back, say before the 20th. I will not be anymore ready for it on the 20th than I am on the 12th! In fact anywhere before NOVEMBER 20, I cannot handle this type of weather. The reason being that winter in MN lasts too long anyway and starting this early makes it TOO long. I remember a couple of years ago when it got to be really hot in April causing me to have to haul a pair of shorts out of storage earlier than planned. I remember my white legs glowing and my unaccustomed sweaty brow glistening in the mid-day heat. I thought at that time that the seasons are mixed up and that this is an anomoly. I should appreciate it during my sweating fest. But, now it is snowing in early October and I am NOT appreciating it. I was scrambling to find snow pants, gloves and other items for my son this AM and it is too early. OKAY, I'm done whining, maybe! AND maybe tomorrow I'll even appreciate it.

This AM I did accomplish something that I was quite thrilled about. As I said I had to haul out snow pants and my son decided he needed a lunch made and he also was out of cereal which involved making toast. Making toast used to be easy but then my husband decided we no longer need a toaster. He bought a toaster oven and explained one can make toast in it and even put the butter on during the toasting process. Amazing! I personally prefer putting the toast in the little slot at the top of the toaster and then buttering after. I didn't get a vote and off the toaster went!

Anyway, so I made toast with butter and I normally always work out in the AM. I had given up the idea this morning though due to all the other stuff going on. But, then I looked at the clock and realized it would be possible to squeeze in about 20-25 minutes. AND I DID! I did this in spite of the stress of snow, of lunch making, of lack of toaster and of lack of music because my computer lost it's volume and I normally use itunes to play for exercise music, but I improvised! I actually exercised and didn't give up and felt much better as a result. Two different people told me I look thinner this weekend, which helped me to want to continue, but I was just delighted that I actually did this..it is not like me at all. I would have totally given up in the past!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment