Monday, September 28, 2009

Double I and E work out

Today was yucky and windy so definitely not a day that a 12 year old girl can walk even a couple of blocks to a bus stop, her hair may get messed up! Naturally that put her mother and dog in the car at 7:15 am this morning to send her off to the stop. However, when we got there we found we had forgotten our violin, this cannot be! Certainly her mother could drop it off on "her way" to work. Yes, of course! Work is in Shoreview and school is in Plymouth, right next to each other, NOT. Therefore, I said I'd run home and get it and be right back. Of course upon my return, no daughter, the bus was on time for the first time all school year. "Now what?" I said to the dog. No response, but she happily stuck her head out into the wind. I know, I thought, I'd pursue the bus! So, I put my cute Lucky Irish Slippered foot on the accelerator and took off, guessing at the course of the bus. Sure enough, I guessed right, it was up ahead, I sped up. After following a couple blocks it slowed to pick up a sullen looking, tired teenage kid. I stopped and jumped out of the car, not thinking of my attire. I was wearing my fuzzy blue snowflake print pajama bottoms a pink top, my winter coat and afore said green irish slippers! AND carrying a violin case. The kid took one look at me and got a lot faster about climbing up the steps of the bus, suddenly school didn't look so bad in comparison with facing me in my current state. I ran to the bus and handed off the violin. My daughter's voice was heard from inside saying "Thanks mom!". Warmed my heart, I'm telling you!

Then, I headed home to work out, as I have done every morning for the past two weeks except for Saturdays when work is too early and yesterday when I chose to bake instead, so much healthier! So, I was working out on my step with my barbells when my son came downstairs and sat beside me. He was concerned because his arms were sore from last week at school doing push ups for the Presidential fitness. I explained to him in between huffing and puffing and climbing up and down off my step that often our muscles get sore when we use different ones and that it will eventually go away. I told him when I first started lifting weights again, I noticed stiffness too. But eventually, your muscles get used to it and get stronger. In response, he said, "So then your fat will go away?" Kids so direct they are! I guess two weeks wasn't long enough to get rid of much, but I will keep trying. I'm calling my work out the double I E work out, (If I'm Elected!) clever huh?

I suppose I should change it to the WIE work out, WHEN I'm elected, but I'm not ready to do that yet, maybe when my muscle matter develops!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment