Saturday, September 19, 2009

Closings and feelings

It is really hard for me to title blogs. I never know what to call them, so if you read this blog, don't not read one because the title is dumb, because largely, they will ALL be dumb.

We finished the garage sale today, I was unable to attend the last day because I had to work. However, I heard from my daughter we did really well. We sold the converter box that my husband insisted on buying even though I explained numerous times that we have cable and therefore, need no converter box. Why would we listen to me? So, we bought two and opened one before we realized after deigning to read the instructions that indeed we didn't need it. Therefore, it sat gathering dust having been opened and unable to be returned. We got a good price for that so maybe it was meant to be!

I realized last week that running for school board isn't all sunshine and rainbows. There are a lot of issues that need to be resolved in this district before we can move forward and I think the board needs to be a leader in this effort. As I said before, I like the existing board a lot but I don't think they can do it, I do think a new board needs to be elected or at least a few new members. People perceive the existing board as those who brought the bad news onto them. Whether that is fair or not it is the perception.

The biggest problem with me is ...and I'll be honest here even if it costs me votes, I want to make everyone happy and I can't do it sometimes and that is really frustrating. Often times that leads me to prayer because it is the way I know to "meditate" on a situation. I don't often think of that until I first panic for a while!

I also have gotten better at just letting go. Sometimes you just need to separate yourself either via actual space or perceived space from something in order to see it clearly. Maybe clean a room or take a bath or a walk with a pair of jeans (don't ask!) and give the issue space and then when you come back to it, it may look entirely different or at least not be as large as it was when you left. There are issues that get so big they take over the house and the back yard too. When I've done this, though, and I come back often times, they are hanging out happily in one room. I may be getting too symbolic here, but what I'm trying to say is that stress cannot overtake you if you do not let it do it. There are ways to get past it. Next time you see me tearing some of my hair out remind me of this fact.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment