Saturday, September 12, 2009

My first loss!

I tried to get the endorsement from the RFT (Robbinsdale Federation of Teachers) and was not successful. It was kind of a scary thing for me to do in that I am not a really smooooth person and I tend to stumble and stutter a bit when I get nervous, so sitting before the panel and going over my responses to the questions stressed me. It is something I'll probably overcome with more practice.

I have been reading election blogs, among them the one that kind of bashes District 281 called 281 Exposed. I realize by reading those types of blogs how strongly some people feel on the topic of the District and it's elections. I got a small taste of that during the referendum campaigns but nothing compared to what I'm seeing now. They are so mean to some of the current board members and since I know them, I feel bad about it. They are certainly not bad people, maybe their decisions are not all perfect, but they are human and can only work with the circumstances they are given.

Negativity is a hard thing to overcome. You either have to try to turn them away from the "dark side" by being positive and showing them the happier side of the world or you have to ignore them or they will suck you into their field of negativity. I'm channeling Star Wars...but heck it worked with Darth Vader. Turn away from the dark side, 281 exposed, experience the good side of the force!!

I also find myself stressing more and more about whether what I'm doing is what I should be doing and if the things I write here in this blog are being put under a microscope and anyalized and probably rejected by those who are out there with their magnifying glasses and their "Accept" "Reject" stamps. Finally last night I decided, I'm going to be who I am and if someone doesn't like it, there are a lot of other choices out there. I am who I am!!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment