Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baking and freezing!

It is SOOOO cold! The funny thing is it probably actually isn't cold really at least not by Minnesota standards, it probably just feels cold because I have been so used to it being warm. I was freezing on Friday and had to go out into the world to pick up a child and take her somewhere else. So, I put on my cape, no not a super hero cape, but it may have well as been by the reaction I got from my daughter when I showed up to pick her up in it. "MOM she said, I told you NOT to wear that in public!". This is not an embarrassing wardrobe choice, people, it is a black fleece cape and I look quite cute in it, if I do say so myself. Black is slimming you know. In fact, the adults complimented me on it, much to my daughter's horror. I think I may be reaching the stage where most things I wear are embarrassing to her and I sincerely wish I didn't take such delight in irritating her with the concept! Poor kid.

Today I baked. This is something I almost never do because there is an inevitable disaster that goes along with most of my baking endeavors. However, this time it was a disaster free affair. I made cheesecake bars and toffee bars and both turned out although when I cut them up they didn't look as nice as the ones pictured in the cookbook. I think that is the case always though. When I put on a shirt I see in a magazine it never looks as good on me as in the magazine even when I was thinner. Or when I put an item in my house like a shelf or something, it never looks the same as in the catalog or store. It has my stamp on it and my stamp is often kind of messy. It is who I am, or whom I am, something like that.

I also saw a movie last evening. The Poseidon adventure. It was really action packed and made me look away from the screen a few times, but I really enjoyed it. The plot was limited but fun to watch. It also wasn't too gross which is nice, there were some unhappy endings of some of the cast members, but the main guys made it including Richard Dreyfuss and some other folks I didn't recognize but probably should know. I find it interesting that they always have a token old guy in these adventure movies. In the Towering Inferno that I bought the other day for nostalgia purposes there was Fred Astaire and the token old guy tends to survive the movie too which is a nice touch. Probably their wisdom that saves them, not the physical dexterity. There is also usually a kid or two as well so the heroes can periodically save them from certain death and then a few capable young women and brainy, athletic guys who figure out the plans and save a select few from whatever disaster ship sinking or fire or whatever that is at hand. Anyway, it is fun to watch it all unfold.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment