Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Garage sale and finding time to campaign

Well today started out rough. I got a phone call from the gal I'm doing a garage sale with to benefit my daughter's girl scout troop's trip to Duluth at 7:30 am. Then, I laid down again and it occurred to me, it's 7:30!! My daughter needs to get up no later than 6:45 to make her bus at 7:25, it being 7:30 pretty much guaranteed the bus had been missed! I sprinted out of bed, woke her up and in literally 20 minutes was in the car on the way to Plymouth Middle School with a very unhappy 12 year old girl. We made it in the nick of time, although, I had to drop her violin off in the orchestra room for her. Gee I'm glad I put on make-up!

Then, I went home and back to Plymouth again to do the garage sale. The good news..we got a lot of traffic today and sold a ton of stuff. We held it at my house which in theory gets more traffic at the beginning of August and didn't get many people at all. It could have been my ever present beagle growling at the patrons from under the check out table, but who knows! If it keeps going like this we'll have a nice trip for the girls.

Now, I'm thinking of campaigning again. I believe the best idea I have is that I'm from Brooklyn Center and so many of the other candidates are from Golden Valley and Plymouth. There isn't anything wrong with those areas, however, I do feel a broader representation of the district is called for. The board is supposed to represent the district population and we have a big district. Now I just need signs and literature, I've found some sign making businesses that I never knew existed so my mission for next week is to visit them and assess costs. Then, the beagle and I will be hitting the trail.

My literature will be published in this blog as it is my one forum aside from Facebook to "advertise", so look for that in the near future!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment