Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movies and missing hamsters

I'm getting better at titling don't you think? Anyway, I went to see the Twilight film with three of my daughter's friends who promptly ditched me in the theater so I went by myself essentially. This is ironic because had a chosen to see a film by myself, probably, Twilight or it's counterpart New Moon would have been the last choice on my list next to that Ninja film that I saw advertised recently. Anyway, what surprised me about the whole event was that I actually didn't hate the film. It had a plot I could follow and it kept me engaged enough. I do feel sorry for that poor girl in the film as the guys that seem to interest her are largely monsters. Vampires and Werewolves. I guess part of the draw of the films is that most people no matter how complex their love lives get they do not contain actual monsters.

Anyway, I wasn't completely horrified by it, which I consider a victory albeit small!

When I got home after dropping my daughter's friend off in Andover. ANDOVER! Seriously, if I did not own my "device" which is what I call my Navigator, I would never find Andover. That has to be the most far away confusing destination with the possible exception of the South Pole or something and the one thing I can say in favor of the South Pole is at least that is one direction. It took me forever to get there and it always does no matter how many times I go. It didn't help that I was going in the dark and my daughter and her friends were in the back seat playing music on their ipods through speakers at a volume that defied logic. I finally had to beg them to turn it down and I try not to do that, I just usually tune things out. However, I was having one of those evenings where my last nerve had been stood on and tuning out was just not possible.

So, I got home and heard an almost immediate crash coming from my son's bedroom and knew exactly what it was - an attempted hamster escape. I got there just in time to thwart it. I put the cage back together - I thought securely and left. Well, this AM I went in there to discover he'd figured out how to bypass my fix and was out AGAIN!! I remember the first two times he left, I worried and looked and looked for him. The third time I calmed down a bit and by the fourth I didn't bat and eye. I don't know how many this is...but I am not looking. He eventually wanders through the room and we pick him up and put him back into what is hopefully a more secure cage...probably not though.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment