Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First new post in recent time

I have not posted for a while now and I apologize. I managed to come down with yet another cold. I cannot believe the number of colds I've managed to find this season. It seems to me that last season I had maybe one total cold all winter and I've already had at least 3 since August! It is insane! I am going to start some sort of internalize vitamin C drip or something!

Anyway, during my absence from the blog world, I've lost a hamster twice, once due to children's activities and not putting the cage back together properly. The second I put him back and decided to move his water bottle, but forgot to plug the hole that the water bottle was in the first time and he got out AGAIN! Now he is back and hopefully permanently. It is interesting that my dog has no interest in him at all and actually comes and "tells me" when he is out. Since I don't speak dog I often have no idea she is trying to tell me that until I go to the cage and discover he is missing.

I was reading the other blogs and found the campaign financing has gotten quite a buzz. Some people feel that the $500 given to the endorsed candidates made a difference in their runs. I say first of all - duh!! And I don't mean that offensively. But, seriously, if I'd have had $500 I could have purchased some signs and attractive brochures and stood outside the schools with something other than cut out pieces of typing paper in a sandwich baggie. But, maybe if I'd gotten off my proverbial behind and worked harder at getting other endorsements or campaign contributions, I'd have had the $500 anyway. I just got too involved in other things and didn't have the time to do it.

In the long run, it is what it is, although a survey recently stated most people hate that statement. I may run again in two years, but if I do, I would certainly work harder at getting some money in my coffers so I can run a proper campaign with all the bells and whistles. So people will know I'm out there!

Last night at our PTO meeting we voted to raise money for Smartboards which are these incredibly cool white boards that do everything but the dishes. You can pull up the internet on them, touch them to change screens instead of using a mouse and even play movies and use them like an overhead projector without needing an overhead.
I was remembering back to my school days when they had film strips and movies on reels and thinking how different the world is now. It is so much simpler and yet so much more complex. Think about that for a while.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment