Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's here!!

Well folks we've made it to another election day. I'm going after my work out to vote and am hoping Starbuck's is giving away free coffee to those who have voted again. That was a nice reward last year, vote and get coffee!!

Anyway, however it turns out, it has been good for my children to be a part of the process with me. My daughter posted on her facebook page that "if you have a license" you should vote for her mom. I explained that in fact you do not need a license to vote, you need to be registered, however. I did explain that you need to be 18.

I remember my own childhood and how mysterious the whole voting thing was for me. They used to have the booths with the curtins you'd pull and then shift like things to vote for whichever candidate you chose. My mom used to say no one could come in with her and she didn't explain much of it to me. My children have been going with me for years and have seen the ballots and know what to do. This is a right we have as Americans and we are not persecuted or threatened while doing it. In other countries that is not the case. We should be grateful for that and also get out there and vote every single time we have an opportunity. Passifism is NOT an option.

As to today, I have said this before and I'll say it again, I have absolutely no idea how things will go. If I win, I'll work hard and if I don't I'll congratulate and support whomever does win. Therefore, in a nutshell, I can't lose!! :)

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment