Thursday, January 21, 2010

Phone Books why?

I have a stack of phone books half as tall as I am and I virtually never look at them. When I need a number I either go on line or I call 411 from my cell phone. Yet, my husband insists on collecting these dinasaurs from years past. Back in the day, it made sense to have them as most folks have either internet or a cell phone or both. I think of how much they must spend in just creating the books and how much they would save by not creating as many. People without cell and internet could request one or they could even have a spot on the phone bill to opt in or out of phone books and then they'd know how many to make. I would think saving money on making phone books would bring down phone bills too. It is really a lovely plan. Though as all my lovely plans go, it probably won't go much beyond this blog!

My car is behaving badly again. It's brakes sound as if they may leave the car at any moment and go seek out their fortune somewhere else. Really, I need a different car, but to get one would involve a lot more production than I wish to be a part of at this time. Plus, I don't know that I could afford a car payment on top of other payments. So, it's back to the car repair folks to discuss the most inexpensive way to talk the brakes into staying with the car. The next thing that I'm certain is in process of packing it's bags is the exhaust system, last summer, it was planning on leaving but we managed to tie it to the car for the bargain price of $120.00 and until it breaks the ties life is good! The one good part of this car is it is never boring having it around.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment