Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Motivation

So yesterday I went to the grocery store to get groceries. I managed to come back with $30 worth of items and then went to pack my son's lunch this AM and discovered I bought nothing of use at all. Therefore, I'll be going back to the store again today. There was a story on the news yesterday that said if you shop once per month you can save up to $50 per month if you actually use all the food you buy. I just don't think I could do that...my memory is getting so bad, I'd surely forget something.

I did get Christmas put away yesterday which is a major accomplishment and I got a lamp for a mere $4.95 plus another $4.95 for the shade. The problem is, the shade is too dark, so I may switch it for my existing shade...I'm going to try it out anyway. It is a really nice lamp! I also got a Vikings sweatshirt for $3.00. I figure that investment won't break the bank and it will allow me to root for the team as long as it goes for and then if they crash and burn I won't be out a fortune!
Not that they will, but aside from this past week's game, things didn't look too Rosy.

Last evening my daughter and I went to tour Fair School in Crystal. I was thinking of trying to get my son into it. And it did look great and I think he'd enjoy it. Plus the building was beautiful! The architecture was incredible! The problem is that the way the enrollment is set up it is by district and Robbinsdale has a huge waiting list. I'm sure it has something to do with the school closings causing a massive bail out. But we applied anyway and we'll see. If that doesn't work out, I heard of another school I'm going to look at as well. I really think he needs another year of elementary type classes. I don't think I can send him into a middle school environment it just won't work. Also, he needs a smaller school too. Noise is not his friend nor is chaos!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment