Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Writing

So, I've been thinking of trying more writing. Once I told my brother I planned to write a book and he told me before I would get one published he could build a cardboard rocket and fly it to the moon. I don't consider that a confidence boost, but then I look around at what is out there for literature and I think, why could I not write a book? All I'd need is a plot, some words and a publisher, how hard is that?

I already write this blog, granted there isn't a lot of substance to the blog, it basically is rambling, I would just need to ramble more with a purpose.

Today, I have to first put laundry away and finish putting Christmas away and then run errands - get groceries and I'm going to the thrift store to find a lamp. Ours is missing the little thingy that goes on the switch, it is extremely painful to turn it on and off and they have a 25% bonus today so I figure I can get a good deal if I can find a treasure in the rough! I do enjoy bargain hunting!! If not, IKEA is also having a sale, but that means driving to Bloomington and I don't feel very excited by that prospect. Yes, I see the weirdness between a Thrift Store purchase and IKEA but ultimately, who is going to know where I got the lamp?

I've decided to make Shake and Bake porkchops today, I successfully made Shake and Bake chicken last week and I am so fired up! I had no idea I could make chicken but it turns out, all you need to do is follow the directions! I'm 40+ years old and I just clued into this, but better late than never! I also successfully boiled a lobster tail, just the tail, not a live lobster or anything, I could NOT do that!!
Give me a few more days and I'll rival Emeril with my cooking skill, stay tuned. Bam!!

My mission this week aside from cooking and getting laundry finished up is getting the fish house out of my living room! That's right FISH HOUSE! My husband made the decision he needed a fish house and assembled it in the living room. Okay. It is STILL there and granted it folds up but it folds up into a rather large sled device. It isn't small and my room cannot support it. It makes it hard to move around. I just got rid of the enormous Christmas Tree and now I have to deal with the enormous fish house on a sled. My only concern about getting rid of it is what may follow...don't really like to think of it!!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment