Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Putting on the brakes!

Sometimes I just need to take a break and write. Maybe just breathe!!

My New Year's resolutions aren't going too well thus far. Remember they were to be on time and to exercise. I've decided exercise starts in February and as to being on time, it is going okay although sometimes I'm still late. I wish I knew how to solve that, maybe if something absolutely unpleasant happened when I was late I would stop, who knows? Maybe it is my nature and I should stop fighting it.

I HAVE taken out the very spoiled beagle for walks even when it was so cold my nose froze into a nosesickle. At least now things have improved on that front and now my feet just get covered in slush when we walk. My car has a leak it its windshield washer fluid container so when I fill it it only lasts about 1 and 1/2 days. This is a problem at this time of year, so I don't know if I should just throw a spray bottle in the car and spray out the window or fill it part way use it for 1 1/2 days and then re-fill again...maybe both. Old cars are definitely a challenge!!

My daughter and I saw Avatar this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. It was a total escape from reality movie the way the Star Wars movies were for me when they first came out. I just thought it was a great plot, not too violent, nor too much vulgar language or other things you do not want kids to see. It WAS really long though and I caught my daughter texting during the film, but then she texts everywhere but the shower these days! I also liked the fact that most of the actors I had not seen before they were new to me. It is possible others have seen them before but I don't get out much. Sigorney Weaver I'd seen but it was nice to see her again as she hasn't been around a lot except doing narration for the Planet Earth series on Discover. Anyway, I'd recommend the film if you want to just watch a movie for the pure fun of it!

Last, the fish house is out of the living room! The room seems so much bigger now without the tree and the fish house...the couch looks so small! Perspective does strange things sometimes! It is really NICE to have my space back and I have been on a get the house in order one part at a time, I cleaned out a cabinet, I mounted a couple of new shelves, I got rid of a bag or two of stuff, one step at a time to a new house order!!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment