Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First blog in a long time!

I haven't been writing lately as I lack a key thing that I need..time. Things have been a bit crazy around here. You can tell this by the condition of my house and the lack of laundry in drawers and availability of spoons. In fact, I gauge my level of insanity by the spoon availability 2 or less and we are in trouble and 0 means serious issues and stay away!

My husband's truck broke down last week. He drives a truck for work and it is old and needs to be put into the big truck graveyard but husband believes it has redeeming qualities and continues to pour money and time into fixing it. Therefore, this entailed me going down to a random auto repair place in the far reaches of Blaine to pick him up one night last week.

As a result of the truck being down husband had a free day. Therefore, I naturally pointed out it would be a lovely time to fix my brakes as they sound like they may leave the car and seek their fortune elsewhere at any time. He said he thought he'd go fishing. That was definitely going to be my other suggestion...NOT!

That night my son woke up at 2:30 am and I got up with him. I wandered into the bathroom sat down and felt immense cold! Freezing cold in fact!! It seems that my husband, in preparation for his upcoming fishing expedition decided to dump his unused FROZEN minnow bucket contents into the toilet!! Yes folks, I SAT ON IT! Quite the wake up call let me tell you. So I lifted up the ice berg and placed it into the sink. My husband awoke the next morning and wanted to know why all his minnows were in the sink. Gee the toilet is such a better place!

Then I went to Wisconsin to visit my aunt and best friend who married my cousin. My friend has a Y membership and took us all to run around and have fun. The kids love the freedom of being able to play raquetball and swim and run free. Plus, I even got to work out on the treadmill for the first time in months. The problem came when I went to change back into my clothes after my work out. I am not entirely familiar with that Y and walked into the locker room to change. But, first I decided I needed some water so went to fill up my cup at the drinking fountain in the back of the locker room. It was then I noticed the balding woman...not entirely bald, just mostly...I looked toward her thinking perhaps chemo? NOT chemo and NOT a woman! I was in the men's locker room!! I quietly made my way out I don't think anyone else noticed, but just in case when I got dressed I put on my coat with the hood up!! I thought of the Southwest commercials that say "Want to get away?" I certainly did at that point.

We drove back without incident although the car sounded like it was less than pleased at having made the long journey lacking break pads and grinding at every stop. My husband said I wouldn't have to stop that much as most of it was freeway so it should be okay. I want a new car, I want a new car! NOT a new-new car just a new-used car/van type thing. Someday...

Anyway, my goal this week is to work-out. I started today but didn't finish as my son decided he needed something in the 5 minutes before he went to school that I HAD to find. I will walk the dog later and try again tomorrow.

Now I have meetings and stuff.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment