Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm rich (NOT!)

So today I rode around in a limo for 1/2 hour feeling like a rock star or a VIP of some sort. A couple things struck me as I was riding. Number one, the bench seats in this limo were very narrow and it made me think rich people must have small behinds! I guess they do since they can afford personal trainers and liposuction and stuff. I also found it funny that the car was so long and only had one door in the back, so you had to kind of waddle up to where you were sitting once you got in..you'd think they'd have more than one so people could easily find their seats.

I got to go because I co-chaired the Magazine fundraiser and some of the kids won the "limo lunch" so they got to eat lunch in the limo instead of in the cafeteria. They needed adult supervision and at over 40 I qualify! I brought along my 4 year old nephew and he took the whole thing in stride although he did wonder why "no one was driving!" he couldn't see the driver and therefore in his 4 year old mind, there wasn't one. I explained that the driver was behind the screen. He seemed satisfied with that.

I also finally managed to trap a Happenings book. Yes, Happenings books are inanimate objects and should not be hard to trap but if you are asking your 13 year old daughter to trap one for you, it takes a long time. Since it took me as long as it did to get one, however, the price dropped by $10. I know a lot of people tell me they don't use theirs but I really like them, particularly, the Happenings books as they have nicer coupons in them. Plus they have that card thing that gets you additional discounts and any discount these days is a good discount! I'm very fired up about being able to look through it and find deals, it's like a high with me. Sounds kind of crazy but we all have our crazy vices and this one saves money.

Anyway, I'm off to finish mass amounts of laundry..I'm almost done and I can see the finish line. Now if I could just convince my family to wear the same clothes for a week or so I'd stay caught up.

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment