Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting crazier by the minute!

I was at church on Sunday AM when my phone rang (or vibrated actually!) and it was my son. He said the dog had taken off with the waffle mix and spread it around the living room. The dog was irritated because she hadn't had a walk that day and was not allowed to go sledding the night before so she was getting revenge.

My son's solution to the problem was to make waffles. If life throws you lemons make lemonade and if the dog throws waffle mix make waffles! Can't fault the kids attitude. So I told him that was fine but NOT to start the waffle iron without either me or his father present. NO of course he won't do that! Right. So, he called three more times for ingredient information and then finally to announce that he had successfully MADE A WAFFLE! How did you do that without turning on the waffle iron? I asked naively! Okay, so he turned it on "for a minute." he said. No burn no foul I guess!! However, I did not hear much of the message at church because I kept leaving to answer the phone! THIS is why I always sit on the end.

I am having trouble accepting the fact that my smallest child is growing up! They are having health class at school lately and when my husband asked my son what he has learned he explained about babies and that they are attached to the mother with an "extension cord". I guess you just plug and go!! :)

Next week should calm down a bit as the kids are off school. We should be able to just go sledding or skating and "put our feet up!".

Last night we had a cookie social at my bible study group and they had chocolate covered cherries. I ALWAYS think I want one of those and then I bite into it and think why did I want one of these? My dad got them every year and absolutely loved them or so I think. Maybe he thought the same thing but was embarrassed to say anything. My grandmother always bought the Whitman's Sampler and I'd inevitably pull either the coconut one or the creepy strawberry filled one that had mystery strawberry filling. I never seemed to remember to look at the "chocolate map" before grabbing one. My brother always got the good solid chocolate one or the gooey chocolate one. Unfair, but then he looked at the map! And we say men never ask directions!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment