Friday, March 12, 2010

Exercising and writing

So, I exercised for the fifth time this week! I didn't miss a day and twice I ran around 1/2 mile along with my routine. However, the rain has put a damper (no pun intended) on the running. Yesterday, I was at my brother's due to something I'll discuss in a minute so I couldn't work out on my normal equipment, but instead of foregoing my routine I decided to try his eliptical machine. Scary thing that. I made it 21 minutes but barely, it was rough. It was like climbing up a hill with your feet incased in cement or something. I really like my "normal" routine where I do multiple things...Nordic track, step, bouncer, crunches and sometimes running. I think it mixes it up more and keeps me from getting bored.

Anyway, I was at my brothers due to his having to have put his dog to sleep. His dog was an Anatolian Shepard used in Turkey to keep large cats (like Cougars!) away from sheep. So this dog was BIG! And very furry. He had a bark like he had swallowed a bull horn too. But a nicer dog you won't find. The problem was as big as he is, he had trouble with his joints and then had some eye issues that caused them to have to remove one of his eyes and that surgery and/or the medication from it caused issues with his liver and gall bladder that could not be easily corrected. It was a hard decision but based on his level of suffering they decided the best course of action was to put him down. It will be different going there and not seeing the big furry monstrosity. I suggested their next dog might be better suited as a beagle! NOT well received, I'm afraid...having experienced both of mine beagles are not high on their list of possible new dogs! For me, I cannot imagine life without one!

Today, I take the census test to possibly work on the census for a while. I figure it will be a good way to get some extra money while I look for something more permanent (provided I pass the test!). I will also complete and submit the story I'm writing and maybe start another one...I think the more I write the better and easier it will get!!

Thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment